Setting up a webcam is a simple process that can be done in very little time.
Just follow these instructions and you'll be ready to go.
VisionGS, this is the webcam software that we recommend and use ourselves.
2. Once you have downloaded the software make sure that the Webcam is
plugged in, installed
and ready to go.
3. Go through the "Setup Wizard" Vision GS provides (File > Setup Wizard) and
enter in this information
- Select: Local Camera
- Select: Your Webcam (the one with the Direct X logo next to it is
- FTP address/Hostname: Your domain name or
- FTP Username/Password:
if you don't have these
- FTP Filename: Choose what you want the webcam image to be named, were going to
call it 'cam.jpg' for now
- FTP Directory: Then specify were in your FTP account you want the image to be
stored, I suggest making a folder called 'webcam'
this by logging into your account via FTP and creating this folder.
- FTP Upload Interval: Choose how often you would like the picture updated.
- Review and Finish the setup
4. Next you will just have to make a webpage that contains your webcam photo,
this is very simple just make a image link to your ....'cam.jpg'
file. It should looks something like this
and that's it, here is a working webcam of one of our own support staff just
so you can see how it works.
Last updated: Aug 11, 2005.