|You can't have a website or receive email without a domain name!
You have three choices for your domain name:
Some things to know about domain names:
- Register a new .com, .net, .org, .info, .la domain with us.
- Transfer over any existing domain name to us (hosting only or hosting and registration).
- Use a free dreamhosters.com sub-domain (whatever.dreamhosters.com).
- They are cAsE InSeNsItIvE.
- You don't need to add the "www." in front. By default, all domains hosted with us will work at both http://www.domain.com/ and http://domain.com/.
- Domains can't be longer than 67 characters (including the .com) and can't have spaces or underscores in them.
Register a new domain with us.
If you choose to register a new domain with us, you should just enter it in the input field, select the "register" option, and click the submit button. If the domain is already taken, you'll be given an error message and allowed to try another domain. If YOU own the domain already, just select the "transfer" option to continue on.
Transfer a domain hosting to us.
We can host any valid Internet domain on our servers, no matter what country code or top-level domain they are from! No matter what domain type it is, you need to change your nameservers with your registrar to be the following if you want to host your domain with DreamHost:
There is no charge to change a domain's nameservers to us!
Free dreamhosters.com sub-domain.
If you don't have a domain to transfer to us, and don't want to register a new domain, we also allow you to set up a sub-domain of dreamhosters.com for no cost. You can change this later for free if you'd like... as you can any type of domain hosted with us! A dreamhosters.com sub-domain looks something like http://www.mynewdomain.dreamhosters.com/ on the web. Email addresses will look like email@example.com.
Last updated: Jun 20, 2005.