- System-wide Upgrades
DreamHost will be transitioning all customers to new servers over the course of the next year.
The new set up should be:
- more stable (the shared file servers are being phased out – they have caused to many troubles over the last two years)
- higher performing (the new servers will be on average 4x more powerfull, but have less than 4 timer the number of customers)
- cheaper to run (less data center and maintenance costs)
Read the blog post for a few tips about how to ensure a smooth transition.
- Volunteer to Get Upgrades First
Not afraid of breaking your applications, or like living on the cutting edge? If you volunteer to be one of the first to be moved to the new system you will be “upgraded” to unlimited disk and bandwidth, forever.
- Quarantined Mail via IMAP
You can now access your junkmail quarantine folder via your IMAP client in case you use the junkmail filter. You need to enable the option in your webmail setting. Click “junkmail” on the left, then “settings”, then input a folder name for your spam.
- Webmail Upgraded to 1.4.15
Squirrelmail has been upgraded to 1.4.15. No big changes.
DreamHost Site of the Month: Tonya R. Moore