RegisterFly a New Jersey based domain registrar and web host has just lost their ICANN-accredited status after an investigation of fraud. The company was registrar for approximately 2,000,000 domain names held by about 900,000 customers and leaves a lot of these customers struggling. They all have to find a new registrar and possibly a new web host within the next two weeks.
To help these customers DreamHost is giving a full year of their fully featured Crazy Domain Insane hosting plan including a domain registration transfer and renewal for free (worth $119.40)!
From DreamHost’s website:
To help the struggling customers of RegisterFly (recently ICANN un-ccredited) DreamHost is letting anybody who has a domain currently registered through RegisterFly to transfer them to DreamHost absolutely free! You also get a year of our most-popular, fully-featured L1 hosting plan to boot! This offer is good for accounts with domain registrations previously with RegisterFly that sign up before March 31st, 2007 at 11:59 PM PDT only!
Make sure when signing up you choose the option for “I already own a domain, I want to host it AND transfer the registration for free!”, enter a domain currently registered via RegisterFly, and use the promo code “FLYAWAY” at the bottom!
The Fine Print:
- This offer is for new customers only – those who do not have an active account with DreamHost.
- If you sign up and forget to use the “FLYAWAY” promotional code, you WILL NOT receive the sale pricing (FREE). No amount of complaining will change this!
- Domains and accounts may not be transferred from an existing DreamHost Web Hosting account to a “FLYAWAY” hosting plan.
- We reserve the right to deny this sale pricing (FREE) to anyone at our discretion.
This sale will remain in effect until 11:59 PM PDT, March 31st, 2007.
- At the end of 12 months, your account will be automatically extended at the current (non-discounted) rate. You will then be asked to pay for your account if you’d like to keep it. If you do not wish to continue at that time, you may close your account via our control panel.
Read all the details at http://www.dreamhost.com/promo.html
Updated: More in DreamHost’s Blog.