To celebrate DreamHost just passed 400,000 hosted domains I’m going to throw a small contest here at the Unofficial DreamHost Blog.
First prize will be a slick iPod Shuffle – the world’s smallest digital music player, which let’s you wear up to 240 songs on your sleeve.
Guess when DreamHost will pass 500,000 hosted domains
Every Monday WebHosting.Info releases their weekly stats with the total domains hosted by each web hosting company. DreamHost just passed 400,000 hosted domains and I expect that they will pass 500,000 domains in 2007. Your job is to guess which date this will happen.
Since WebHosting.Info only posts weekly data I will equally split out the weekly increase over the past week in order to calculate the winning date. As an example the winning guess for 400,000 domains would be 21 December 2006.
In order to participate you should post your guess in the comments within the next two weeks. Make sure you use a valid email address in order for me to contact you if you’re the lucky winner.
- 1 entry per person (remember to use a valid email address)
- Make your entries in the format of January 1, 2007 to avoid any misunderstandings.
- The cutoff for posting entries will be at 11:59 pm January 14, 2007.
- In the event of a tie (multiple guesses on the same date or same distance to the correct date for multiple entries) I’ll randomly draw a winner between the closest guesses.
- In the event of no winner (the contest has to stop for some reason like WebHosting.Info cease to release their stats) or in case DreamHost doesn’t pass 500,000 domains by December 31, 2007 I’ll randomly draw a winner between all the participants.
- An Apple 1 GB iPod Shuffle (worth $79)
Best of luck to all of you!