DreamHost WAP Feeds

An anonymous DreamHost customer has created an unofficial DreamHost WAP site, which lets you check the latest news from the DreamHost Status site and the official DreamHost Blog on your cellphone.

May I suggest he add this blog for a total coverage of DreamHost news ;-)

Thanks for the tip…

6 Responses to “DreamHost WAP Feeds”

1. Nathan Friedly says:

I have a suspicion that the wap page is hosted on a dreamhost server which means that it would go offline if theres ever another blackout oor something that kills dh entirely.

Is it posible/plausible/inteligent to make status.dreamhost.com load a wap page if it detects a wap browser?

as for the blog.. I’d probbly pipe it through gogle’s wap proxy if I ever wanted to read it on my phone. Actualy, thats probably what I’d do for status.dreamhost.com if I ever needed it on my phone..

2. Andrew says:

When will we hear more about Apache 2.0 as suggested in a previous post?

“More about [Apache 2.0] later”

When’s later?

3. Anonymous says:

Added your feed to the wap site.

4. huh says:

what is a wap site? how do i view it??

Nathan – You’re right that a blackout that kills DreamHost entirely will of course also kill the WAP site, but for minor problems I think it can be useful.

DreamHost should be able to setup status.dreamhost.com to load wap pages to mobile browsers. You might wish to send your suggestion directly to DreamHost.

The Google WAP proxy is also a quite good idea. Here’s the links for the three blogs:

Anonymous – Thanks!

huh – WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) is a standard for applications that use wireless communication (e.g. mobile phones and PDAs). WAP sites, are websites written in, or dynamically converted to, WML (Wireless Markup Language) and accessed via the WAP browser.

To view a WAP site either use the browser in your mobile phone (if available) or you can use a WAP emulator like Wapsilon.